Happy Saturday! I hope everyone’s weekend is off to a good start. We hosted a Stock the Bar shower for my sister and her fiancé last night and I am so excited the wedding is only two months away! We have a friend who is a master bartender and made the most amazing margarita bar complete with spicy jalapeño tequila with roasted jalapeño peppers, fresh fruit puree, and watermelon and strawberry margaritas. Needless to say, I am still recovering.
Today I wanted to hop over and do a quick style post (I know everyone has a busy weekend) and also share a little more about myself. When I had my first child, I left my high intensity sales position to become a stay at home mom. I vividly remember staring at the computer screen in my office counting down the days until I would be at home full time and day dreamed about a life filled with Starbucks runs and lazy pool playdates where I could chat poolside with other moms while my kids splashed around happily with their friends. Only, little did I know that wasn’t what it was like at all.
Don’t get me wrong, I am incredibly blessed to have the opportunity if to stay at home with my kids and I wouldn’t change a thing, but coffee runs are usually the Starbucks drive through to avoid my toddler screaming for the Peter Rabbit snacks and touching everything insight and to try to stop my daughter begging for a cake pop. She has recently figured out this can be ordered via the drive through, so thats been fun. I do have friends I see at the pool and plan playdates with, but I don’t think we’ve been able to finish a conversation in the past four years. We all have multiple kids at various ages and pool days consist putting swimmies on and taking them off, changing swim diapers, feeding kids lunch, putting swimmies back on, and trying to keep meltdown at bay from long days in the sun.
Anyway, between changing diapers, making endless jelly sandwiches (both of my kids refuse to eat peanut butter on their PBJ), being a full time human jungle gym and master toy sharing negotiator, I definitely have days where I miss having the time to get ready alone. I have started waking up an extra 30-45 minutes in the morning before the kids wake up which usually gives me enough time get up to wash my face, get dressed, have a cup of coffee, and put on some mascara and tinted moisturizer. I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t in gym clothes at least three days a week, but in my defense I do try to workout 3-4 days a week. The other days, I really do make an effort to get dressed because I personally feel so much better and slightly more pulled together when I don’t fall into the yoga pants trap and wear real clothes. So, I thought on Saturdays I would start sharing some of my go do fashion and beauty products that I couldn’t live with out and feel are too good to share!
- Dior BB Cream // I love love love this tinted moisturizer. It is light weight but provides buildable coverage which I love if my skin needs a little more help some days. It has SPF 30 and this skin isn’t getting any younger so I will take all the protection I can get!
- Loft Tank // This the the same tank that I am wearing in the red and blue stripe pattern on Instagram. I am just so in love with these tops I ended up getting the striped one, the grey, and the pink. The price is right too at under $25 dollars and they have become a staple and are super cute with white jeans and a jean jacket.
- Tory Burch Studs // These were definitely a splurge for me but I wear them nonstop and they are just a tad dressier then plain gold studs so I feel like it adds a little zip to whatever I’m wearing, especially if its just shorts and a tee shirt.
- Jack Rogers Sandals // I LIVE in these and the platinum color goes with everything which is amazing PLUS they are price matched today at Nordstrom so they are almost $50 off!!
- Black Fringe Dress by Gretchen Scott// If you are like me, you are in the thick of wedding season and I this is my go to pick. I love this dress because the details provide all the eye candy you need and no jewelry except studs are required. It is also really breathable and just super fun to put on. I wear the studs above with the dress all the time. It is sold out in XS and S, but I wear a medium and am a size 6.
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara // Mascara is tricky to recommend because I really do think it depends on what type of mascara you have. I have longer lashes and this baby makes them look even longer and much thicker, which I definitely need. If I was on a desert island and told I could bring one beauty product (besides sunscreen) this would be it. Why would I need mascara on a desert island? No clue, just couldn’t imagine not wearing this everyday.
- Scalloped Riviera Shorts // These shorts are a dream for a mom or anyone else who wants to feel cute/sexy without feeling like you are wearing short shorts! The scallop design is so feminine and if you need a white dressy short, this is the ticket my friends. Oh and did I mention they are 50% off right now?! J. Crew Factory also has them in a gorgeous Sapphire blue that I just ordered here.
Any sizing or fit questions don’t hesitate to reach out and ask. Have a great weekend!