Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend and got time to slow down and enjoy the incredible fathers and father figures in their lives. As promised last week, here are some of the summer entertaining essentials that I either use and love or that have been catching my eye lately. I decided to present two looks, because although I am partial to the chinoiserie chic look, the reality is (at least in my life) that it isn’t always practical. Maybe in perfect Instagram world where you don’t see behind the scenes, but not for real life. I mean, I LOVE my metal bamboo napkin rings but do we use them when friends with kids come over? No way. I’m pretty sure our toddlers would turn them into weapons before we could pour our first glass of wine. So, the first option includes pieces that are still elegant but slightly more casual and family friendly. I promise though, either approach will make your guests’ jaws drop and make you look like the hostess with the mostest. After all, that’s what we all want, right?
- Woven Tray// If you all haven’t discovered High Street Market yet, you’re missing out. This is not an ad. They just have the perfect mix of traditional, rustic, and chinoiserie furniture and decor.
- Cafe String Lights// We have these over our deck and it was one of the first projects I had my husband do when we moved into our house. He was not thrilled about my request but now he turns on the lights every night. Even in the winter when we aren’t outside. Oh and did I mention that both neighbors on either side of us installed similar lights a few months after we did?#trendsetters
- Acrylic Wine Glass//I am not a wine expert and don’t know what this shape is called, but angled wine glasses have been my jam lately. Plus with two kids and two dogs, switching out glass ones for shatterproof acrylic is a win-win. It also doesn’t change the taste of the wine.
- 2-Piece Serving Set// Versatile, classic, and makes you feel fancy when serving your salad.
- Giant Clam Shell// I am always using mine as drink storage. There are a ton out there but this is the one I have and I love it. Just put in some ice and beer or wine bottles and voila. Orchids and other flowers also look beautiful inside too.
- Persian Flower Napkins// If it’s blue and white I’m already buying it, but this pattern is so pretty and adds a little feminine touch without being girly.
- Bamboo Flatware//I use these all the time and they are dishwasher safe! Need I say more?!
- Bamboo Napkin Rings//Simple, sophisticated, and stylish. Plus they go with everything.
- Lucite Serving Tray// Looking for your next statement piece that all of your guests will want? This is it my friends.
- Pagoda Lantern// Okay, so I don’t have this but I see it in local boutiques here in Baltimore lately and I want it. Like, really want it.
- Bamboo Cocktail Napkin Holder// This is the definition of taking an everyday piece up to another level. It just makes me happy every time I use it.
- Bamboo Melamine Dinnerware// Another staple piece in my house. These are also dishwasher safe, but top rack only.
- Embroidered Napkins//I want these in every color. I just ordered the light blue and if you want to know my thoughts when they arrive, just let me know and I’ll be happy to share. They are Serena and Lily though, so I feel like it’s a given that they will be every bit as pretty as they look online.
Let me know what you think! I have loved all of your emails and direct messages lately. It has been so fun making connections with several of you and hearing your feedback. Now go host a party…with 4th of July coming up its the perfect time. Happy entertaining!